CIVIL ENGINEERS ARE THE BACKBONE FOR THE INFRASTRUCTURE & ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OF THE COUNTRY. THEY PLAN, DESIGN, CONSTRUCT, MAINTAIN ALL THE BUILDINGS, INFRASTRUCTURE, STRUCTURES & PUBLIC UTILITIES.
It is a very interesting & challenging field where Civil Engineers have abundant job opportunities in construction, field, design, planning, teaching etc.
Civil Engineering is a branch of Engineering where theoretical aspects have to be cleared & substantiated by practical knowledge & exposure.
JNIT Civil Engg. Dept. Headed by Dr. Mayank Varshney who is having more than 31 years of experience in the related field & is a graduate from prestigious National Institute of Technology, Bhopal in the year 1986.
JNIT CIVIL DEPARTMENT
JNIT is having well equipped all the required labs for making the student knowledgeable & practical. We conduct regular seminars, training sessions & expert lectures by experienced professional in the field.
LABORATORY AT JNIT
Following Labs are fully functional for imparting practical training & exposure to the students
- Structural Analysis & testing Lab
- Construction Engineering Material Lab
- Geology Lab
- Fluid Mechanics Lab
- Building Drawing Studio
- Concrete Technology Lab
- Surveying Lab
- Hydraulics & Hydraulic Machine Lab
- Road Material Testing Lab
- Building Material Testing Lab
- Geotech & Soil Testing Lab
- Water & Waste water testing Lab
- Computer aided design Lab
SEMINARS/ CONFERENCES/WORKSHOPS/VISITS ETC.
Following seminars /activities /Lectures/ Visits were conducted at JNIT for the students during January 2017 & April 2017 (Even Semester)
|Sno.||Event||Semester||Conducted By||Held At||Date|
|1||Concrete Mix Proportioning Workshop||VI civil||Ultrtech Cement Ltd.||JNIT,Jaipur||23-Jan-17|
|2||RMC Plant Visit||VI civil||Ultrtech Cement Ltd.||JNIT,Jaipur||23-Jan-17|
|3||Stone Mart International Exhibition||IV & VI civl||JECC||JECC||3-Feb-17|
|4||Demo Of Total-Station Survey||IV & VI civl||Janak Survey||JNIT,Jaipur||4-Feb-17|
|5||Conducting RMT Lab||VI civil||Civil Department||Jagannath University||7-Feb-17|
|6||State level Concrete Quiz Competion||IV & VI civl||Ultrtech Cement Ltd.||JNIT,Jaipur||8-Feb-17|
|7||Concrete Cube Making Competion||VI civil||Ultrtech Cement Ltd.||Concrete Lab, JNIT||10-Feb-17|
|8||Design Software & Advance Technology Seminar||IV civil||CAD DESK||Auditorium,JNIT||10-Feb-17|
|9||Educational Tour||IV & VI civil||JNIT||Mount Abu||21.02.17 to 25.02.17|
|10||Verve 2017||civil||JNIT||Bridge making||01.03.17|
|11||Verve 2017||civil||JNIT||Tower of Straw||02.03.17|
|12||Project Management quiz||VIII sem||PROMAC||Quiz at JNIT||11.03.17|
|13||Lecture by Landmark CEO||VIII sem||Landmark||Lecture on Civil Engg.||27.02.17|
|14||Quiz on Civil Engg.||VI & VIII||PROMAC||18.03.17|
|15||Ultra Tech Quiz Finale||all||Ultra Tech Cements||VIT Campus||15.03.17|
|16||Water Day Seminar||all||World Trade Centre||WTC||22.03.17|
|17||Inter College Quiz||VIII sem||PROMAC||PROMAC AUDITORIUM||25.03.17|
Apart from above ,following activities were conducted for the students during earlier semester.
- Expert lecture by PROMAC team for Construction management in Oct2016
- Lecture /seminar by Cad desk team on Auto Cad in Oct,2016
- Lecture on creativity through waste paper.
- Project on water tank construction live by students
- Project on elevated road by students
- Project on metro corridor by students
- Site visit to Cement plant/RMC plant
- Visit to Sariska sanctuary for excursion & environmental studies
- Visit to waste treatment plant for technical study at Amer
- Survey camp of 5 days to Chandvaji, Delhi Road for III year students.
- Faculty development programme for the faculty.(First Conducted on 08.10.16 & another on 18.10.16 )
- Participation in Green Building competition by students
- Participation in bridge making competition at Technathalon
- Participation in Verve Annual function where poster making competition was there.
To understand & apprehend the building construction exposure to students is required for which a Tour was conducted for the Civil Engineering students for Chittorgarh , Udaipur & Mount Abu.
MINOR & MAJOR PROJECTS
Students were given various projects on which they make detailed presentations or they make live project models to understand the intricacies of designing & execution. This year students have made many live project models & for research they have done testing on concrete under the supervision of department faculty.
TRAINING & PLACEMENT:
Regular personality development & Technical skills enhancement classes are conducted for the students. Since the students are in VII sem placement drive is already being conducted.
Construction companies are being approached for the placement of students few of them are L& T Constructions, Jaiprakash Associates, Sampoornji & Palanjee Constructions, ECC Constructions, ARG GROUP, CEG Consultants, STUP Consultants, MANGALAM GROUP, ASHIANA, ALOKIK, SDC GROUP, MISHRA GARG & ASSOCIATES ETC.
This year many cooperates came for campus selection in which few of our students have already been placed.
Mostly Civil Engineers have ample opportunities in the government departments like PWD, Nagar Nigam, Local Bodies, PHED, JVVNL, Irrigation, Health, Education, SSC etc. & they can get admission there through GATE exam or individual competitive exams. Students are also being taught to compete in the competitive exams like Civil Services, IFS, RAS, SSC & other Technical exams.
Students are encouraged to take part in co-curricular activities like games, sports etc so that they can develop physically also. & inculcate feeling of group task etc.
UNIQUE POINTS OF CIVIL ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT,JNIT
- Greater emphasis on practical field exposure to the students so that they can face the later challenges in career & life with ease.
- Construction of Live projects like Metro corridor, elevated road & RCC water tank by the students at the JNIT Campus to have hands –on-experience.
- Labs are well equipped with latest equipments for practical exposure to the students
- Well experienced faculty & staff to train the students academically & assisting them in their research work.
- Competition oriented study so that students can compete in various competitive exams.
Department of Civil Engineering, JNIT
Department of Civil Engineering ,JNIT conducted a three days Survey Camp for IV & VI Sem students of Civil Engineering successfully from 22 February 2017 to 24 February 2017 as the compulsory part of the University academic curriculum for 6th semester (Civil Engineering).
This camp was aimed to groom civil engineering students with essential knowledge and exposure to the real work, and to encourage leadership and team work skills. This survey camp resulted in encouraging and supporting students, emerging as leaders in several areas of academic provision.
The three days camp was for field work at Mount Abu. Students were divided into various groups monitored by faculty coordinator. During three days of field work students were also engaged in social activity. In the camp all the students of Civil Engineering Department learnt all the technical aspect which is required in Surveying. Three exercises were performed in 3days. The day wise schedule was provided to the students and faculty co-coordinators from 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Students were engaged in performing exercises in time schedule. Students also went in the village to motivate people about vote power and visit nearby school to encourage children about what they can do for a bright future. They also distributed prizes to school students like stationary items e.g. Pen, notebook etc., for the correct answer in activity which they participated.
Overall it was a learning experience for the students academically & also the practical aspect.