Mechanical Engineering, commonly known as, evergreen engineering discipline, deals with the design and production of machines, tools and all other mechanical equipments used in Industries. In a way, mechanical engineers are involved in creating the future. With the rapid rate of expansion in Industrial sector, the employment potential for mechanical engineers is very high. Fresh graduates find employment in the government sector like defence, organizations, atomic energy, service sector, railways, energy sector, power sector, agriculture sector, automobile, renewable sources of energy, etc. All our students find placement in Industries or admission for higher education, majority of them through campus recruitment.
- ➠ Workshop & Production Engineering Lab (well equipped by Capstan and turret lathe, milling machines (vertical & horizontal), shaper machine, radial drilling machine, tool grinder and foundry testing equipments)
- ➠ Dynamics of Machines Lab
- ➠ Basic Mechanical Engineering Lab.
- ➠ Material Science and Testing Lab.
- ➠ Fluid Mechanics Lab
- ➠ Thermal Engineering Lab ( including multistage axial flow compressor, 4 stroke single cylinder Diesel & Petrol Engine)
- ➠ Finite Element Lab.
- ➠ Computer & CAD Lab having internet on all computers with software like AutoCAD, Pro-E, ANSYS etc.
- ➠ Mechatronics Lab
- ➠ Heat Transfer Lab
- ➠ Fluid Machines Lab (having all types of hydraulic turbines, compressors & pumps )
- ➠ CAM & Robotics Lab(including CNC lathe machine)
- ➠ Industrial Engineering Lab
- ➠ Vibration Engineering Lab
- ➠ Project Lab
“The objective of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives” Robert Maynard Hutchins
Taking a cue from above saying by Robert Maynard Hutchins, Department of Mechanical Engineering is working towards inculcating learning habits in students that will remain with them throughout their life. In today`s world industrial environment is characterized by skilled manpower, use of advanced technologies and effective implementation of training in various sectors such as Automobiles, fabrication, power, design & testing.
Department of Mechanical Engineering with present intake of 120+60 in B. Tech. has been established in 2004. A short visit is sufficient to show strengths of the department in terms of well equipped laboratories and highly qualified faculties (especially from NIT`s and IIT`s), the two basic requirements for achieving excellence. The department has a very dedicated and experienced faculty. Faculty strength is as per AICTE norms and all of them are post graduates in their respective fields.
Number of student’s projects find place in newspapers every year. Department lays emphasis on total personality development through industrial training, visits and extra curricular activities. Students are encouraged for participation in National and International level competitions. For upgradation of knowledge and enhancement of research capabilities, faculty regularly participates in training programs, conferences and staff development programs.